Monday, December 3, 2007

The Writer's Strike

So you may not think that the NBC Writer's Strike is a big deal. Or that it's not college related at all. Well I am here to prove you wrong.

When you get to college, Thursday night becomes real important. Almost as important as Sunday. It's real, real close. You see, Thursday night marks the beginning of the weekend pretty much. When your in high school, Friday is the night. When you get to college, Thursday is the new Friday. People even drink on Thursdays!

Here's the real reason why Thursday is so good. Every Thursday night something excellent happens. For 60 minutes, the world is at peace. Terrorism disappears, racism is absent, and world pollution is vanquished. Everything is good and green in the world.

Why you ask? Because of Dwight and Jim and Ryan, J.D., Turk, and Carla. And I'm not bisexual. It's the Thursday night TV shows. "The Office" and "Scrubs" are cures to the hell that is school. The new episodes play Thursday night. And now their gone!

I sit through 4-7 hours of classes each Thursday. And through insufferable lectures and murderous labs, the only thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that I get to watch those two shows. Now their reruns. The "r" word for TV watchers. Now I have nothing to hold on to. Nothing to keep me going.

The Writer's Strike needs to be stopped. I don't know what I am going to do with myself. Thursday has become a day from hell. Like Monday, but not as terrible. But still pretty terrible.

So the writer's strike must end. For the sake of Thursday's, let it end. I will give anything. So if any of the 2 people who read my writing have any power in the world at all, do something.

2 comments:

Purduewaterpolo4 said...

I agree that the writers strike should be stopped. But I dont think that it's the writers strike. They don't earn money for the shows that are broadcast online. The company makes tons of money for this do to advertisements that are online with the shows but the writers, who do most of the work, earn nothing. I hope the companies just give them more money and let the rest of us enjoy our tv.

voiceofreason said...

First off, the writers on strike do not solely come from NBC, but all networks. Secondly, I completely agree that Thursday is the best day of the week, and bost sides need to kiss and make up soon. CSI did have a new episode on tonight, so I got through the evening by watching it, but I need the Office to make it a good week. We just have to wait and see what happens I guess...