Wednesday, November 28, 2007

End of Semester

As I near the end of the semester several things happen. Teachers realize that they are behind on giving quizzes, assignments, and projects. Students also realize all their procrastination has caught up with them. This means there will be lots of work. Also this being the week before dead week means a lot of tests. Instructors are not allowed to give tests or quizzes during dead week.

When the end of the semester nears the work load increases. This has happened to me many times. Frequently not any fault of my own. Usually a professor will have a plan for the semester of topics they lecture on and assignments. They frequently get behind on their lectures and therefore have to push back assignments. Since there are a limited number of weeks in a semester something has to be cut from the schedule when stuff gets behind. My professors seem to only cut out the time that I have to work on a project but none of the assignment.

A group project was assigned in a class on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. It is due next Tuesday, giving us two weeks to do the project. The project should have been two weeks longer I believe. Two weeks is a short time to get a project done in the first place. Then you have to realize that half of the time was lost to thanksgiving break. The week that we have left right now to work on a project is a very busy week too. This being the end of the semester there are exams in many classes and projects in many classes. I personally have three group projects, three exams, and one lab exam this week to do. My business is not me alone either. Everyone in the groups for my group projects is in similar situations. This means it is extremely hard to get things done since we need to meet up to get things done.

1 comment:

Kollbjorn said...

I know! I have a crazy amount of projects to do this week. For some reason, a lot of my teachers are having all the work they would normally assign be due too. Ugh. I hope I make it through this week without starting to hallucinate from sleep deprivation.